Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oaks in Snow


I grew up in a yellow brick house in an emerald green town all shaded in the summer by giant oak trees. In the winter those same oaks stood out stark against snow and white sky. Here is a drawing I made of that house and those oaks and that snow and white sky.



Here is my song to go with the drawing, and the Saturdays of my youth.

Oaks in Snow (in B-flat major)
UPDATE: New music video recorded June 21, 2020
 

Listen to the whole album: Piano Music, Volume 1.

My father has always loved classical music. In the yellow brick house of my childhood my dad would play classical albums on the stereo. On Saturdays the music of Beethoven filled that house, yearning and triumphant.

Hopefully, I've captured a small piece of the yearning and the triumph. Thanks, Dad! Thanks, Beethoven!