Friday, November 17, 2017

Hasn't Hurt Me None

When I sing Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" with my band I get to sing lead. To prepare, I memorized the lyrics, which wasn't too hard, since they were already down there in sprawling basement of my memories. But still, I do an odd thing when I memorize lyrics: I actually pay attention to them, and I had never really stopped to see the irony and humor in this song's lyrics. I love this one line in particular:

"I know my lack of education hasn't hurt me none."

Ha! In praise of ignorance!

-----------------------------------

Speaking of education and ignorance, here is something that would hurt us some if it comes to pass...

Ethan Siegel in Medium writes that the GOP tax plan will destroy graduate education and result in grad students being taxed at the highest rate in the country, even higher than billionaires.